We collect personal information from you when you (i) sign up for our mailing list, (ii) create an account, (iii) purchase a product from us, (iv) e-mail us or post content on our social media pages. The type of personal information we collect (if applicable) includes the following: name, user name, password, email address, postal address, telephone number. Credit card information used to pay for purchases is held securely at a financial services approved location and cannot be accessed by us.
We use such personal information collected through this Website for the purposes of:
- Sending notifications, updates and exclusive news;
- Fulfilling product orders;
- Recording your purchase history.
- We only use the information you provide us with in accordance with our Terms.
You warrant that the information you give us is true, accurate and current and you shall inform us of any changes made to it. You shall not pretend to be any other person when providing us with this information.
Data Protection and Personal Information
We recognise that the information you give us and the information that we capture during your use of the Service is personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and we hereby acknowledge that we shall treat the information that you give us in accordance with the Act and as set out in this policy.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer need our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may store the personal information that you give to us in our databases. We will only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using the Services.
We internally use personally identifiable information about our customers to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyse Website usage, to improve our content and product offerings and to customise the content and layout of our Services. We believe these uses allow us to improve our Services for our customers. We may use a customer’s email address and mailing address or phone number, to contact a customer regarding an order or administrative matters or notices. We may use information in the file we maintain about a customer to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners such as business with have a relationship with, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our services.
If for some reason you believe that you have received any SPAM e-mail from us which you have not authorised us to send you, please inform us immediately by emailing us at email@example.com.
Personal data collected via the Services is controlled by AM Corporate Limited 53 High Street, Cleobury Mortimer, Kidderminster, Worcs. DY14 8DQ. In the event that you would like to view a copy of the information that we hold on you, you may do so at any time by requesting a copy to be sent you on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect about you
During your use of the Sites and the Social Media and when you purchase items from or participate in any promotions on or linked to the Sites and/or on the Social Media we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. We ask for your name, date of birth, telephone number, home address, delivery address email address and credit card and other payment details when you purchase items from the Sites (“Items”). We also generate an order number linked to you when you place an order on the Sites (“Order”). You may also give us information about you when you fill in forms on the Sites or when you correspond with us on the Social Media for example when you register to subscribe to our newsletters and emails, when you enter into our prize draws, competitions and other promotions, when you complete forms to receive particular offers or when you participate in our Social Media activities or surveys. In such circumstances you may provide additional information about you such as your photograph and other images and identifying information, your interests and hobbies, details of your Social Media accounts, posts and preferences. You must ensure the information you provide is accurate and up to date. By providing information about you to us you warrant that the information is accurate and up to date and that you will keep us informed of any changes.
- Information we collect about you. When you use the Sites and the Social Media we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Sites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, carriers who deliver Items to you, card protection and payment processing companies that process your payments for Items, business partners (including without limitation third parties that provide promotions and prizes on the Sites and/or Social Media and third parties that we consider you may be interested in based on your preferences and use of our Sites), sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, market research and promotions management agencies, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us for example to process your Order, to enter you into a prize draw, competition or other promotion (where requested) or to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This may require disclosure to third parties for example card processing agencies, banks, shipping providers and carriers, fraud protection agencies and suppliers of gifts and prizes for our competitions, prize draws and other promotions;
- to interact with you using the Social Media. Features such as the “like”, “retweet”, “repost” and “share” on the Social Media may allow us to enable integration and/or access to your accounts on the Social Media. Please note we do not control Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr or Youtube (“Social Media Sites”), your profile/account on the Social Media Sites, we do not modify your account or your privacy settings on the Social Media Sites and we do not establish rules about how your personal information will be used when you use the Social Media Sites. You and the relevant provider of the Social Media Sites will be in control of those issues and not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable Social Media Sites to learn more about how they handle your information before using the Social Media Sites and any features on the Social Media Sites;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to notify you of our offers and promotions, by telephone, email, SMS and post. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by writing to our Customer Care team at email@example.com.
- to allow our carefully selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to the Sites, your Order, our terms and conditions and our service;
- to ensure that content from on the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Sites and the Social Media and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Sites and Social Media to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for example our carriers that deliver Items to you, our card and payment processing companies that process your payments for Items and suppliers of items and prizes for our promotions and other carefully selected third parties whom we consider may be of interest to you.
- Market research and promotions management agencies to help improve the Sites and Social Media, and the services we offer to you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Sites and the Social Media.
In all circumstances we work closely with these third parties to ensure your privacy is respected and protected.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If AM Corporate Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
only covers the Sites and our content on the Social Media, and does not cover any other website or application.
The Website places cookies, which are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. Cookies are essential for helping us deliver a high quality website and online experience for our users, and some collect information about browsing behaviour.
By using and/or browsing the Website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the Website.
Where we store your personal information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or business partners. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your Order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support and associated services. Our suppliers and business partners may also transfer, store, use and otherwise process your information outside the EEA for the purpose of fulfilling their obligations to you and to provide you with information, goods and services. By using the Sites, Social Media and submitting your information during the purchase of Items or participation in competitions and other promotions, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing inside and outside the EEA as stated above. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.